OTTAWA MOUNTAIN BIKE COURSE CAMPS AT THE YARD
YEAR-ROUND MOUNTAIN BIKING IN OTTAWA
The Yard’s indoor facility offers a unique opportunity to introduce, practice and develop mountain bike skills all year. The pump track provides the perfect terrain to practice some of mountain biking’s most fun and fundamental skills in a controlled environment. Each lesson will be tailored to the group’s ability level as well as meet specific individual goals for the course.
- 4-week mountain bike skills course starting at the beginning of the month – For intermediate level riders
- Intermediate means you can ride blue level trails, and maybe even black diamonds, but you’d like to ride them more smoothly, with more confidence and flow
- 1.5-hour sessions each week on Fridays from 6:30-8:00 pm
- $250+tax – includes entry to the park
- Professional mountain bike skills and technique instruction from Evan McNeely (Read His Bio Below)
LEVEL UP AT OTTAWA MOUNTAIN BIKE CAMP
The primary objectives for this course are to develop the following skills:
- Body position/balance
- Pressure control
- Jumping basics
These skills will:
- Allow you to ride more safely, with more control and confidence
- Ride your favourite trails with more flow and speed
- Prepare you to take on more technical terrain
- Keep you safe (and even enjoy) when your wheels leave the ground!
WHAT TO BRING
In preparation for your course, we recommend the following:
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS COURSE
Coach led practice is a great time to learn new skills and get direct and specific feedback on your riding. The volume of practice you put in outside of the lesson hours is just as important as the lesson itself. We recommend getting at least one extra practice session in each week to consolidate the skills you have learned. As a minimum, coming a bit early to practice the previous week’s skills and/or sticking around after your lesson to continue practicing is a great time investment.
Lessons typically start the first week of each month (first sessions available March 2020) – navigate to the month you are interested in on our events calendar to register.
GET TO KNOW THE COACH – EVAN MCNEELY
Evan McNeely is a professional mountain bike coach, recognized by the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) and Professional Mountain Bike Instructor Association (PMBIA). Evan has been riding mountain bikes for 15 years and spent 8 years racing professionally in the disciplines of cross-country mountain biking and cyclocross with the Norco Factory Team, Forward Racing and the Canadian National Mountain Bike Team. Since retiring from racing, Evan has transitioned to teaching and coaching with 2×4 Coaching in Ottawa.
JOIN US AT
THE YARD OTTAWA
Ottawa’s newest and best indoor bike and skate park, The Yard welcomes you! Below you’ll find our hours and days of operation, as well as our physical location. We look forward to seeing you soon at The Yard!
GIVE THE YARD A SHOUT!
If you have any questions about our facilities or our programs, drop us a line and we’ll be in touch ASAP.