BIKE SKILLS INSTRUCTION FOR MOUNTAIN BIKERS AT THE YARD
LESSONS FOR MOUNTAIN BIKERS IN OTTAWA
The Yard’s indoor facility offers a unique opportunity to introduce, practice and develop mountain bike skills all year. By learning how to ride the pump track and jumps, students will improve at some of mountain biking’s most fun and fundamental skills in a controlled environment. Each lesson will be tailored to the group’s ability level as well as meet specific individual goals for the course.
- 4-week pump and jump skills course for mountain bikers starting at the beginning of the month – For intermediate level riders
- Intermediate means you can ride blue level trails comfortable with the odd black diamond
- Courses start with fundamentals, like body position and progress to pumping and finally jumping
- Note – while the focus of the course is on pumping and jumping, these skills translate to virtually every aspect of mountain biking making you a more balanced and skilled rider
- Course is offered October to April
- 2-hour sessions each week
LEVEL UP AT OTTAWA MOUNTAIN BIKE CAMP
The primary objectives for this course are to develop the following skills:
- Body position/balance
These skills will:
- Allow you to ride more safely, with more control and confidence
- Ride your favourite trails with more flow and speed
- Prepare you to take on more technical terrain
- Keep you safe (and even enjoy) when your wheels leave the ground!
WHAT TO BRING
In preparation for your course, we recommend the following:
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS COURSE
Coach led practice is a great time to learn new skills and get direct and specific feedback on your riding. The volume of practice you put in outside of the lesson hours is just as important as the lesson itself. We recommend getting at least one extra practice session in each week to consolidate the skills you have learned. As a minimum, coming a bit early to practice the previous week’s skills and/or sticking around after your lesson to continue practicing is a great time investment.
JOIN US AT
THE YARD OTTAWA
Ottawa’s newest and best indoor bike and skate park, The Yard welcomes you! Below you’ll find our hours and days of operation, as well as our physical location. We look forward to seeing you soon at The Yard!
GIVE THE YARD A SHOUT!
If you have any questions about our facilities or our programs, drop us a line and we’ll be in touch ASAP.