JOBS AT THE YARD
We are looking for an Assistant Manager!
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fun and dynamic environment? The Yard and Airborne Action Sports are looking for an Assistant Manager.
The ideal Assistant Manager has a passion for action sports, is self-motivated, has excellent attention to detail, and is driven to provide the best customer service they can. Your typical day at The Yard/Airborne would include checking customers into the park, ringing them up for passes and rentals, and selling freestyle scooters, BMX bikes, skateboards and related equipment. You’ll also be providing services related to the equipment ranging from lending a hand to tighten a scooter clamp or skateboard trucks, to building up a custom scooter or BMX.
As part of your role, you will work closely with the General Manager and Shop Manager to open and close the park/store, manage junior staff and instructors, ensure the cleanliness of the shop and park as well as provide input, assistance in running programming and smooth operations, stocking shelves and managing shipments for online sales. You will be one of our go-to people for staff and customers when you are on shift. The Assistant Manager needs to be able to take charge and delegate, as it’s a team effort to keep the park and shop running efficiently and safely.
- Assist the General Manager with operations, including:
- Ensuring all opening and closing procedures are followed
- Providing an enthusiastic and fun environment for both customers and fellow employees
- Keeping current on park pricing and specials
- Managing junior staff and ensuring that they are working safely, effectively and following procedures
- Scheduling and booking parties, events and lessons
- Remaining current on scheduled events and activities in and around the park
- General cleaning duties to maintain a positive feel to the park
- Acting as a champion and positive spokesperson for The Yard and Airborne
- Being a positive role model for junior staff – leading by example
- Provide support for Airborne Action Sports, including:
- Helping customers with their purchases
- Ensuring the shop floor is adequately stocked
- Keeping on top of action sports trends and suggesting new products
- Providing scooter, bike and skateboard repairs services
- Packaging and shipping online orders
- Dealing with warranty claims
- Commitment to exceptional customer service (mandatory)
- Proficiency in using a windows computer to complete tasks on a variety of web-based software applications
- The attention to detail required to understand and follow instructions and documented procedures
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
- High School diploma (or equivalency)
- Current First Aid certification
- Ability to show up on time, all the time
- A passion for action sports
- Current Police vulnerable sector check
- Please note: Assistant General Manager applicants must be at least 18 years of age or have relevant key-holder/management-type experience
Ability to stand and move in an active, team-oriented environment for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to lift up to 20 kilograms (bags of salt in winter, bikes, accepting and storing inventory, etc.)
- Retail sales experience
- Ability to teach bike, skateboard, or scooter lessons
- Fluent in French
JOIN US AT
THE YARD OTTAWA
Ottawa’s newest and best indoor bike and skate park, The Yard welcomes you! Below you’ll find our hours and days of operation, as well as our physical location. We look forward to seeing you soon at The Yard!
GIVE THE YARD A SHOUT!
If you have any questions about our facilities or our programs, drop us a line and we’ll be in touch ASAP.